The first edition of Mastering Django: Core, the free book that forms the basis of this site, is due for an update to Django 1.11.
Writing a 650 page reference book is an enormous undertaking and one that is very difficult to complete alone in a reasonable timeframe, given I work full time in an industry unrelated to Django.
I have come to the realization that for the second edition to be as good as I want it to be, that it needs a second pair of eyes and someone with a deep understanding of Django.
To this end, I am seeking a Co-author/technical editor for the new edition of the book.
What is on offer:
- An advance plus on-going share of royalties (to be negotiated with the right candidate)
- Listing as Co-author of the Second Edition
What will be required from you:
- Test and revise existing code to Django 1.11
- Identify sections in the book that are “just the docs” and replace with new material that adds value to existing docs
- Assist in identifying new material that can be added and creating code examples and content to support the material
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT AN OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT. I am looking for an independent contractor who can assist in updating and editing the new book.
- Be a native English speaker
- Have a strong technical understanding of Django
- Be able to provide an Australian Tax Office compliant Tax Invoice and accept payment via Paypal
- Be willing to enter into a publishing contract
GOOD TO HAVE:
- Writing and editing experience
- Access to, and experience with, InDesign 2018
If you are interested, send me a quick email outlining why you think you have the skills via the contact form. I will negotiate rates and timelines with suitable candidate. Applications that don’t meet the selection criteria will not be considered, so please no speculative applications, my inbox is full enough as it is 🙂