With Django 1.11 LTS finally here, I am moving things around a bit.
You can still find the Table of Contents for the Django Book here – I will be updating it to 1.11 incrementally over the next few months. Check out the contents page for more info.
If you are interested in the print or eBook version, there is more information here.
I will also be adding tutorial articles and videos over time. Here are the first few to get you started:
- Why Django? – Probably the No. 1 question asked by anyone new to Django. This article answers why I think Django is a good choice.
- Django Overview – this is the big-picture overview of Django. I go over the Model-Template-View design pattern and how the various bits of Django talk to each other.
- Python for Django Programmers (Part 1) – The first part of my new Python primer for Django programmers.
- Python for Django Programmers (Part 2) – In the second instalment of my Python tutorial for Django programmers, I cover math, strings, lists, dictionaries, tuples and lots more!
- Python for Django Programmers (Part 3) – In the final instalment of my Python tutorial for Django programmers, I cover error handling, classes and functions, packages, modules and the dot operator and regular expressions.
- What’s Changed? (coming soon) – A comparison between Django 1.8 and 1.11 to highlight what has changed between the versions and some tips and tricks on the transition.
I have plenty of other ideas for tutorial content, which I will add as I get time.
As always, the very best way to get notifications, discounts, freebies and other stuff is to sign up for the mailing list (form below). I never spam, actually it can go months without me sending anything, but you can be sure when I do contact you, it’s because I have good stuff to tell you!
All the best with your programming journey.
Join the Djangobook Family
Updates, freebies, discounts and more!